1. What bands/groups do you currently play in?
2. Do you remember the first piece of gear you purchased?
A beater drum kit for like $200. I still use a few pieces from it now but it’s mostly junk now or art.
3. What piece of equipment do you use most often?
Four track or tape deck. Keep it simple.
4. If you had enough resources, money, time, space, etc. what dream piece of gear would you own?
Probably a Mellotron, or EMS modular synth, or a nice mixing board something probably easily over $10K.
5. What upcoming projects should people look out for?
Gonjasufi remix on Warp Records; IMD BeatTape Vol. 1; and a Hezus release on Hit & Run out of LA; release with Scatterbrain; Gonjasufi live band.
Many thanks to J. Smith (of NBC SoundDiego) for this interview.